Commercial Lines Account Executive – Edmonton
We continue to grow!
For nearly 40 years, Leibel Insurance Group has been providing Canadians with Trusted Advice, Innovative Solutions & Exceptional Service. Now is your opportunity to join one Canada’s Top 10 Brokerages as well as the 2019 & 2020 Top Insurance Workplace (fewer than 99 employees). With over 1100 google reviews averaging 4.95 out of 5, it’s no wonder we need more great people to join our winning team and help us continue delivering 5 star customer service.
This role of the Account Executive is to prospect and close new business in Alberta along with managing growing existing client base. The ideal candidate will be an energetic client focused team member who has a solid understanding of Commercial Lines products with the ability to prospect, selling and continue to build the Leibel brand.
The successful candidate must have an Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate the ability to thrive under pressure. Maintaining a positive can do friendly attitude while continuing to balance what is best for the client, the brokerage, and the overall team will help this candidate soar to new heights. To be successful and thrive in this role, self-motivation and change leadership is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work/Life balance
- Employee Benefits
- Industry Leading Compensation
- Exceptional work environment
- Continued support and ongoing training and development
- Full time hours Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm
- Daily prospecting, new client acquisition and client retention.
- Strive to meet or exceed monthly sales targets by carrying out all associated selling functions including prospecting, soliciting, quoting and growing new business
- Provide prospects and clients with trusted and expert advice on all areas of Commercial Lines Insurance
- Maintain and manage account receivables.
- Respond to all referrals and client requests in a timely matter as outlined by Leibel Insurance Group standards
- Build and grow a book of business through referrals, networking, upselling, etc.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of all communication with clients, prospects, underwriters, etc., as per LIG standards
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with co-workers and underwriters
- Provide accurate quotes to prospects/clients and attempting to secure all lines of business
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for new clients, issue insurance binders and pink cards
- Effective communication with Insurance companies, negotiate with underwriters on clients behalf, follow up with adjusters on claims status
- Notify clients of changes; including renewal reviews and policy updates
- Consistent and accurate input of client information and activity within BMS and CRM systems
- Review and completion of daily abeyances; with follow up no more than 30 days behind
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, reliable, and ability to prioritize
- Level 2 General Insurance License in good standing with the Alberta Insurance Council
- 3-5 years of Commercial Lines experience preferably in a brokerage
- Insurance designation, such as CAIB or CIP, or working towards, considered an asset
- Experience with Power Broker and Policy Works considered an asset
- Positive and respectful attitude with both clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage your own book of business, to work independently, and as part of a team, which is remotely located
At Leibel Insurance Group, we staff and hire the very best. People who are professional, experienced, and genuinely focused on not just meeting, but exceeding our clients’ needs. We are committed to being an employer of choice by providing some of the industry’s most competitive compensation, benefits, tuition reimbursement, on-site insurance education and all sorts of staff celebrations and appreciations throughout the year.
We also happen to sell insurance…..want to work with us?
We thank all applicants, however only those who are being considered will be contacted.
If you are interested in future opportunities with Leibel Insurance Group not currently listed, we would love to hear from you as we are always interested in new talent.
Submit resume and cover letter in confidence to: [email protected]