Aviation InsuranceHelicopter & Aviation Insurance Won't Keep You Grounded! Protect your Aviation or Aerospace Company with Alberta's Best Aviation & Helicopter Insurance.
- Protect Your Companies Most Important Assets
- Cover Unexpected Taxiing, Ground, and in-Air Liabilities
- Know You’re Covered in the Event of an Emergency
Alberta’s Aviation Insurance Specialist
Aviation, or Aerospace, Insurance coverage is designed to cover all of the risks you may face in the aviation industry. Because this industry varies from the other transportation industries, there are a number of risk factors and liabilities that are unique.
Who Needs Aviation Coverage?
If you own or operate the following equipment or businesses, you need to be fully insured:
- Cargo planes
- Passenger planes
- Flight schools
- Aircraft charter services
- Corporate aircraft
Also, if you are in the aviation industry and rent your equipment, you face many of the same risks of business owners that own their own equipment, and you need aviation insurance.
Standard Aviation Insurance Policies
Most transportation services that utilize aircraft will need these coverage options:
- Public liability coverage – sometimes called 3rd party liability. It protects aircraft owners from damage that may occur to various types of properties. For example, anything an aircraft may come in contact with would be covered. This includes houses, buildings, vehicles, landscapes, crops, airport facilities, equipment and other aircraft. 3rd party coverage means that damage to your own aircraft would not be covered. It is not unusual to have as much as one million dollars or more in coverage.
- Ground Risk Hull Coverage (Not in motion) – This insurance is designed to protect your aircraft from hazards and damage while it is sitting on the ground, and not moving. For example, a sudden storm could come up and cause major damage. You could be a victim of fire, vandalism, theft, floods, hail, large animals, vehicles or other aircraft could run into your aircraft as it sits. The hangar could suddenly collapse one day. Also, when you take out this coverage you need to decide if coverage is for the market value or a certain amount that you designate.
- Taxiing insurance – this is sometimes called ground risk hull coverage for aircraft that is moving. In other words, as you are taxiing on the runway, you could encounter a number of hazards, like other aircrafts. However, once you start the take-off procedure, this kind of Airline Insurance usually ends. Yet, disputes between what is considered take-off and taxiing have led to many companies changing this type of coverage.
- In-flight coverage – this protects the aircraft while it is actually in the air. However, many policies also cover all phases of flight including aircraft storage.
Aerospace Insurance Options
If you are in the business of carrying passengers you need to have passenger liability insurance. This covers injuries and deaths of passengers and is often taken out according to the number of seats the aircraft contains. Naturally, large airliners would need a great deal of coverage.
You also may have the option of taking out Combined Single Limit (CSL) coverage. CSL coverage combines coverage from public and passenger liability. These policies have a single limit for the entire claim.
If your aviation is in the business of hauling cargo, you need to make sure that you have sufficient cargo insurance to cover your needs.
Getting The Right Kind Of Coverage
It’s hard to know everything there is about Airline Insurance, and that is why you should seek help from qualified insurance professionals like Leibel Insurance. Since 1981, we have been there for Alberta businesses and individuals.
Leibel Insurance is an independent insurance brokerage with access to many excellent insurers. In fact, when you come to us, you have the advantage of 5 different insurers for your Aerospace Insurance needs.
Leibel Insurance has aviation insurance experts that ensure you get the right insurance coverage so you won’t be kept grounded with claims problems. Claims response is available 24/7 and Leibel Insurance offer dedicated service for all of your insurance needs.