Tenant's InsuranceTenant's Insurance Ensures Your Possessions are Protected with the Coverage You Deserve. Get Your Free Alberta Tenants Insurance Quote from Leibel Insurance.
- Coverage Against Liability Claims
- Protect Yourself from Fire, Water, Theft, Vandalism and More
- Secure All of Your Prized Possessions with Replacement Cost Coverage
Do You Need Renters Insurance?
July 21, 2014 a condo fire in Edmonton Alberta forced nearly 400 people from their homes. Many of these people were left without options as to living arrangements, and they lost everything they had; this is because they did not have a Tenant Insurance Policy. Thinking your belongings are insured by your landlord is a tenants biggest and most common mistake.
What’s Covered In Your Policy?
A Tenants Insurance policy will cover your personal property in the event of an insured peril, this includes but is not limited to fire, theft, vandalism, and specific water damage. Most Insurance companies have minimum limits of contents coverage. Your basic tenant’s policies minimum limit is $40,000 worth of contents, and if you’ve never had insurance before you will likely have a $1000.00 deductible. Don’t worry as Renters Insurance is very affordable, and can provide you with peace of mind.
Edmonton Tenant Insurance is becoming a requirement as many landlords are realizing that not only do they want their tenants covered, they want to have themselves covered for any liability arising from actions of a tenant. A tap left running can overflow and cause millions in damage to units below and surrounding your own. When you have Tenants Insurance your liability will respond to these damages as it is deemed an unintentional negligent act.
Some other important coverage’s to consider when purchasing a policy are:
- World wide liability – This covers you the tenant anywhere in the world for unintentional negligent acts. Per say you’re in an airport, and your bag falls over from beside you and someone trips and breaks their ankle. If you are sued by the injured third party, your Renters Insurance policy will respond.
- Additional living expenses – This will help cover additional costs incurred by you, due to an insured peril. If you can’t live in your rental for an estimated amount of time, this coverage will cover a hotel, or even moving expenses to a new rental if yours won’t be repaired in a timely manner.
Student Pricing Available!
Leibel Insurance is pleased to offer student policies and student pricing. This includes special rates for students attending post-secondary schools across Alberta including; MacEwan University, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, NAIT, SAIT, Bow Valley College, and more. Speak to one of our experienced brokers today about student tenant insurance.
Get Your Tenants/Renters Insurance Quote Today!
Don’t wait till it’s too late, contact Leibel Insurance Group today, and let one of our educated, and experienced broker’s take care of you.