High-Risk Car InsuranceDrivers with numerous convictions or at-fault accidents on their insurance records will need high-risk car insurance, and you can contact our team here at Leibel Insurance for quotes and information.
- Protect Yourself Against Theft or Loss
- Know You’re Covered in the Event of an Emergency
- Cover Unexpected and Unpredictable Future Expenses
The term high risk is associated with higher car insurance rates because you are considered a risky driver and are not the ideal candidate for any car insurance company. If you fall into the high-risk category, do not feel discouraged because our team will do everything we can to provide you with a car insurance policy.
Your rate will be higher than other drivers, but we may be able to find a policy that is suitable for your needs. Every driver needs an active car insurance policy, and you need to have the right coverage; otherwise, you will not be protected.
Who’s Considered a High-Risk Driver?
- A major violation like speeding, distracted driving or DUI conviction
- Multiple, frequent minor violations like tickets or accidents
- Multiple at-fault accidents in the past six years
- a poor driving record
- a stunt driving conviction
High-risk drivers will face higher insurance premiums than the average driver, and not every insurance provider will insure a high-risk driver. Large premiums are charged because it is anticipated that you will follow the pattern and make a claim as a result of your driving history, and the risk is too high, which is why the insurer will want to be compensated with larger premiums. The insurance industry cannot, however, refuse to sell you basic insurance, and you can contact us to receive a quote.
Other Factors for High-Risk Car Insurance
Driving behaviour and history will affect your status as a high-risk driver, although other factors that are not related to your behaviour on the road will be considered as well. A lapse in judgment, for example, may cause an insurance company to categorize you as high risk, and this is why you cannot neglect to renew your insurance or allow your insurance to. This would lead to a period of time where you have no coverage and would affect your insurance history.
Poor payment history or insurance cancellation for non payment is another non-driving related reason for needing high-risk insurance. Defaulting on insurance payments or having them cancelled may place you in a high-risk category as well.
How to Fix Being a High-Risk Driver
Being a high-risk driver starts with and ends with YOU! If you want to be able to have more insurance options available to you here are some ways to get out of the High-Risk category.
- Concentrate on the proper driving habits and follow the rules of the road
- Avoiding speeding, put your phone or other items away while driving
- Do not drive under the influence
- If available, register for the insurance companies’ telematics program so that they can get new data on you driving history and work towards better rates.
No matter how you try to correct your high-risk driving history, it will take time. So be patience and know that you can correct this.
If you are having difficulty obtaining high-risk car insurance, do not hesitate to give us a call. We will assess your situation and present you with high-risk auto insurance options. Contact us today to review high-risk car insurance quotes!