Car InsuranceWhile You Travel from Point A to B Always Know You are Properly Covered. Allow us to Compare Your Alberta Car Insurance Quotes Today and Find Out How Much You Can Save!
- Protect Yourself Against Legal Liability for At Fault Accidents
- Accident Forgiveness and Rental Vehicle Coverage Options
- Full Replacement Cost Coverage Available for New Vehicle
- Customizable Auto Insurance Policies for Older and Newer Vehicles
Canada’s Best Auto Insurance Provider
- Auto Insurance quotes tailored to your needs
- Over 30 years experience
- Qualified and respected brokers
Driving in Canada presents its own unique set of challenges, you need insurance that is suited for the environment. Auto insurance in Canada is an important consideration and it can be a major expense. You are legally required to have certain types of car insurance, but at the same time, there are options that can affect your premiums and coverage. Leibel Insurance brokers work to find the insurance coverage options that protect your lifestyle and family. The end result is a policy that helps you and your family feel safe, secure, and protected in case you are involved in a car accident. To contact us for a car insurance quote in Edmonton, Calgary, as well as other cities in Alberta and Ontario, fill out the free quote request form above or call our office today!
Getting An Auto Insurance Quote in Alberta
Drivers in Alberta can count on us for all of their car insurance needs because our brokers are experts and are always ready to help. Auto theft, poor driving habits, weather conditions, and vehicle repair costs will all be taken into consideration when determining your insurance rate, and your driving record will be the most important factor in this regard. We will use all of this information to calculate your car insurance premium, and you can have peace of mind knowing our rates are always fair.
We want every driver to have the right coverage, and it is important that all of our clients are properly protected. Rates will vary from one driver to another, and variables like age, driving history, and type of vehicle are used to calculate the level of risk each driver presents. The weather in the province and vehicle thefts are something we will discuss in great detail because these are important factors here in Alberta, so we want every one of our clients to be aware of these situations and how it may affect their rate.
Our reputable brokers are knowledgeable and friendly and will help you make informed decisions. Auto insurance is very important, and we will make sure you are comfortable with the coverage you have. We will discuss ways and make suggestions to lower your rate, and a clean driving record is the best way to obtain the rates you are after. Distracted driving should be avoided at all times, as should speeding, tailgating, hard braking, and any other type of risky behaviour. Having a safe driving record is the best action you can take as it will help reduce your premium.
Frequently Asked Questions about Auto Insurance in Canada
Here are some commonly asked questions and answers, concerning auto insurance in Canada.
Q. What is Car Insurance?
A. When you insure your vehicle, you are covering your financial and personal risk factors. For example, if anything happens to your car, you’ll want to make the necessary repairs (or replacement) with minimal out-of-pocket costs. In addition, you must be sure that all your legal liabilities will be paid. Car insurance helps cover the costs of injuries to yourself and others. This is why you should have an automobile policy on every vehicle you own.
Q. Who needs Automobile Insurance?
Q. Is there mandatory Auto Insurance in Canada?
A. Canada drivers must have certain coverage items on their insurance policies.
- 3rd party liability insurance – suppose you are at fault in a traffic accident. You could be responsible for damage to other vehicles and injury claims for people in the other car. Liability coverage is there to pay for these expenses, and in Canada, you must carry at least $200,000 in coverage. Insurance companies have standard Liability coverage set to $1,000,000 and many recommend increasing your Liability to $2,000,000 as costs with claims have increased.
- Accident benefits – this pays for expenses related to auto accidents, like income loss, medical bills, physical therapy, death and funeral expenses.
Q. What things can affect my Vehicle Insurance premiums?
A. Several factors influence how much you pay for insurance, such as:
- Driving record – multiple accidents or tickets on your record can raise your rates considerably.
- Driving experience – young people under 25 are the highest risk group, so their premiums are higher, especially teenagers.
- Coverage options – full coverage is more expensive but covers more things.
- Driving distance – shorter driving distance means lower premiums.
- The number of vehicles you own.
- Who you have your Homeowners Insurance with, combining policies can save money.
- Deductible amounts.
- Available discounts.
Q. What Automobile Insurance options do I have?
A. Your options depend on your situation. However, here are some of the available options:
- Collision – pays for your vehicle damage when you are the driver at fault.
- Uninsured motorists – suppose someone hits your car and they have no or too little insurance. This options cover that gap and also covers hit and run incidents.
- Comprehensive – covers non-auto accident damages like hail, wind, storms, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Deductibles – raising or lowering your deductible is an option. Higher deductibles lower premiums but at the same time, increase your financial risks.
- Additional liability protection – you can raise your liability limits, and this is a good idea. In fact, with the high cost of accidents, many people are taking out one million dollars in coverage, to be safe.
Q. I own an older car that I owe no money on. Should I drop all Auto Insurance coverage except mandatory insurance, to save money?
A. Leibel Insurance Group does not recommend this as an effective strategy for lowering your premiums. For example, for a car worth only a thousand dollars, you are better off with only liability and medical benefits insurance coverage. However, comprehensive insurance is inexpensive and will pay for many types of damages, rather than having to pay out of pocket. Here is an example:
Q. What should I do if I am involved in a traffic accident?
A. According to Canada law, here are your requirements:
- Stay at the scene of the accident
- Render assistance or aid if possible
- Record and provide driver information:
- Name and address
- Drivers license
- Vehicle owner info
- License plate number
- Proof of insurance
Q. Should I use an Insurance Broker for my Car Insurance?
A. Brokers are independent agents who deal with a number of top insurance companies in Canada. They can shop policies on your behalf and find you the lowest possible rates and the best coverage options.
Q. Where are the best independent agencies for Automobile Insurance?
A. Leibel Insurance Group is a trusted and respected independent insurance agency. We have been serving Canada residents for over 30 years and offer a wide range of personal lines insurance for your needs. Our commercial and personal insurance brokers offer custom-tailored insurance and have access to a number of insurance markets.
Q. Am I Eligible for a Discount if I have Winter Tires?
A. Yes! If you use winter tires between November-April in Alberta, you could qualify for a discount of up to 5%. When you get a new policy or renew your old one, you will need to prove that you have winter tires (usually through a winter tire certificate). All of the tires installed on your car must be winter tires, and all-season tires are not eligible for the winter tire discount.
If you are ready to drive safer during the winter and have installed your winter tires, give Leibel Insurance a call to update your policy to see if you qualify for the winter tire discount!
Leibel Insurance Group offers flexible communications options. We can be reached by email, phone (780-484-8880), fax, online. Leibel Insurance now has two locations to better serve our clients. Visit us in Edmonton at #102, 17415 – 102 Ave, or in Calgary at #101, 2816 11 Street NE. To contact us for a Car Insurance quote, fill out the free quote request form above or call our office today!